Summerlicious 2015: Tutti Matti

Saturday, July 11, 2015

It's summerlicious time in Toronto. It is a summer event featuring a variety of restaurants of different culture, located all over Toronto, offering a three-course lunch and dinner menu at a discounted/exceptional price points. This year's event started on July 3rd and will end on July 26th.


To start of my summerlicious experience, I went for dinner with a couple of friends as a monthly get together at Tutti Matti. It is located in the Entertainment District Area of Toronto. It offers Italian cuisine. You can find a little blurb description, menus and its exact location here. The area is small but it has a nice, warm, and fancy atmosphere. The servers were nice and friendly. The food was delicious and filling (I say this coming in there with an empty stomach because I skipped breakfast and lunch). Atlas, below are pictures from the dinner menu that we ordered.

Appetizer Menu

Toscano - salumi, italian cheeses, pate, olives, and pickled summer veggies

My friend and I got this appetizer. It was very good. Those pickled summer veggies were sweet. I was expecting them to be sour. Overall, this appetizer was very good.


Caprese - Italian buffalo mozzarella, heirloom tomatoes and basil

I've tried the fresh Italian buffalo mozzarella of this dish and it was very delicious. What can I say, I'm a sucker for most cheeses.

Main Dishes Menu

Costole - short ribs braised in Italian beer, oranges, and rosemary, with summer spinach, and fingerling potatoes

I didn't order this but I was able to try some of it from my friend. It was very delicious. Out of the three main dishes that we ordered, I would say that this is the best. I would very much recommend this dish.


Maiale - braised pork loin, with cannellini beans, and wilted summer greens

The Maiale was chewy and good, but it tasted like it was half done. I don't really like half done meat that much. The wilted summer greens were bitter. It was filling but I wouldn't order this again. However, maybe if it was well done, I would reconsider it. 

Dessert Menu


Torta - ricotta cake with blueberries, sprinkled with confectioner's sugar

This dessert was okay. Not too sweet. I actually thought it would be sweet.

Gelato - vanilla affogato of Ontario strawberries

It looks just like regular ice cream with strawberries.


I was not able to get a picture of the Aglione. Basically, it's a pasta dish. I was able to taste it from my friend. It had a lot citrus flavour. I liked it. However, the citrus flavour was too much for my friend. For those who likes citrus flavour, maybe you will like Aglione.

Overall, my experience in this restaurant was nice, warm and cozy. The servers were really polite, nice and friendly. The wait was not long either. There were a variety of choices of alcoholic drinks for customers who prefers to have alcoholic drinks with their meal. The total cost for a three course dinner meal at this restaurant is $45 tax included. 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow! All of these looks so delicious! I am craving!!

    http://gummybeaaars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those looks delicious sweetie! I wonder who is blogging this time around, haha.. don't you ladies sign off so we know who you are! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Celeste ;) The one who did this post was Jeys :P! The one who's commenting right now is Tin haha.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe